- 500g raw chicken breast or tenderloin strips
- 1 small brown onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves freshly crushed garlic
- Juice of 1 orange plus 2 teaspoons zest
- ¼ cup freshly chopped coriander
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- Optional: dried ancho chillies to taste
Ingredients: Lime & coriander coleslaw
- ¼ large green cabbage, shredded
- 1 large raw carrot, grated
- 1 medium raw beetroot, grated
- 1 cup shredded cos lettuce
- ½ cup shredded coriander (fresh)
- Juice of 1 lime
Combine all ingredients except the chicken in a blender or food processor and mix to a thick paste.
Pour into a ziplock bag before adding the chicken and marinating for over 4 hours.
To make the coleslaw, simply combine all ingredients in a bowl and season well.
To cook, grill or barbecue on a lightly oiled surface until tender and serve with ¼ the coleslaw.
Nutritional info per serve;