An excellent choice if you need a quick, low carb meal (particularly for breakfast). This recipe creates 4 serves, therefore, you can make in bulk and keep in the fridge for up to 2 days after cooking.
- 4 serves (100g) Bega Grated So Light cheese
- 2 cooked kangaroo sausages
- 4 whole eggs
- 4 egg whites
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- Salt & Pepper
- Dried or fresh herbs to taste (basil, oregano)
- ½ tablespoon of olive oil
In a large, non-stick frying pan add the oil and cook the vegetables until tender. Take off the heat for a few minutes but keep them in the pan.
Chop the sausages into small pieces and combine in a bowl with the eggs, seasoning and cheese and whisk until well combined.
Pour the egg, sausage and cheese mixture over the vegetables evenly, and put back on the heat for five minutes, to cook the bottom of the frittata. To finish cooking, place the frying pan under a hot grill and cook until golden on top.