This easy to make recipe is also ridiculously low in calories.
You can make it more savoury if you don’t have a sweet tooth by adding a pinch of salt and pepper and extra ground ginger to the mix, then omitting the WPI with the cream cheese.
- 2 cups of cooked butternut pumpkin
- 1/2 cup of quick cut, raw oats
- 1 teaspoon each of allspice and cinnamon
- 1 cup of almond milk
- 1 whole egg
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon each of cinnamon, allspice and ground ginger
- 5 serves of vanilla whey protein
- 8 tablespoons low fat cream cheese
Preheat your oven to 170 degrees C, and grease / line a baking dish or cake tin.
Add all ingredients except 2 serves of whey protein and the cream cheese to a bowl and mix thoroughly, pour into the cake tin and then bake for 20-25 minutes. The bread is cooked when the top has begun to go golden, and the centre springs back to the touch.
Leave to cool and then divide into 8 servings.
Prior to serving each slice, gently warm 1 tablespoon of cream cheese in the microwave for 15 seconds and then mix through 1/4 of a serving of whey protein until the mixture is like thickened cream.
Serve on top of each slice.
Nutritional info per serve (makes 8):